Walimah Hilal Asyraf | A day with Dena Bahrin

Assalamualaikum.

Have been going through a hectic schedule recently. Humongous, gigantic and  gargantuan apologies for the abandonment of this blog. A lot has been going on, however time is so consumed to scribble everything down here. Realizing the fact that i'm always facing a very severe internet connection problem which causes me to waste my time just for the web pages to buffer, I decide to focus on my priorities first. InshaAllah will try to overcome this problem.

-- Melencong dah ni.

A few days ago, I received an invitation via e-mail from brother Hilal Asyraf to his wedding ceremony. Indeed, my jaws dropped upon opening my inbox and receiving an e-mail from an all-rounded public figure, while I am just a no-one.  However, that week I had a camp organized by UiTM Shah Alam at Sepang. I was in dilemma of which event to choose from. Kak milimilo said she wanted to go there together. I logged on to my twitter and asked brother Aiman Azlan and kak Dena Bahrin whether they were going to attend the wedding or not. When they said yes, I felt the vehement empowerment to meet my lecturer and asking for exception to not join the camp. Ain't easy, but my Law 012 lecturer was understanding enough to approve. Thank you Madame Ilyana, I'm surely gonna score your subject! inshaAllah.





So as all my roommates and friends were packed off to camp, i was left all alone. But trust me, I was willing to be left alone, sleep alone, eat alone, study alone, surive alone etc although at times I was battling against evil whispers trying to scare me off knowing the many hysteria, pukau and other mystic cases going on around this area, regardless in college or outside college. Ummi and ayah at home phoned me worried, but I told them I'd be okay. Dalam kubur nanti sorang-sorang jugak, bukan?
maira n kak zu
The next morning, accompanied by Humairah Farudz and Kak Zulaikha, a wonderful sister I met at the surau, we marched our way towards Taman Melati, somewhere near Gombak with the upmost exhilaration.

When we arrived at the venue, we waited for kak Mili. I was beyond delirious to see her when she came. The only words I have to describe her is unexceptionably cute and petite, not forgetting also a law student, but in UIA Gombak, that is. We entered the hall and sat with kak Dena and her husband, who arrived about 15 minutes earlier. The ceremony was very, "sederhana" but the environment was enough to make me sense the barakah in the air. Those attending mostly wore proper hijab, and were very friendly. I was, touched :') So then me and Kak Mili had minor chats with Dena and abang Soffian ariff as we sat and ate. That was the very minute, Hilal and his wife marched into the hall as well. Perfecto! :D




After enjoying the gastronomic dishes dined, we noticed that Aiman Azlan was right behind us. Me, kak Dena, kak Mili and the others seized the chance to go meet him and take pictures together. We had a few conversations. I felt very inferior tho. I didn't really thought that Aiman recognized who I am.

Aisyah: I'm aisyah shakirah
Aiman Azlan: I know
Aisyah: Really? How come? 
Aiman Azlan: I've watched your videos :)
Aisyah: ...................


Dena also knew me from my youtube video. I was, speechless to know so. Ice-breaking with these cool people was amazing. I also had a little conversation with Aiman Azlan's mother (since I'm shyyy enough to talk with the son), who's a lecturer in UiTM Arau, Perlis. We then walked together towards Hilal and his wife, talked a bit and took pictures. His wife, Tengku Masyitah was extraordinarily beautiful. Pengantin kalau tutup aurat sempurna memang luar alam cantik, yes?



After meeting the mempelai's, it was time to head back to Shah Alam. I was sad to depart that early, but I had other occassions to attend. I hugged kak Mili feeling sad, not knowing when we'd be able to reunite like that again after this. But inshaAllah, if not here, in jannah we will. InshaAllah :') 


I carpooled Kak Dena's car all the way to Shah Alam. Sitting at the back, I managed to capture some sweet moments of her and abang Soffian in front. Homaigoddd so sweet aww cair hati okay :') I remembered first watching Kak dena's proposal video on youtube, and reading her blog. Now, she's right in front of me, with her husband! I just can't believe it. And that was the minute I suddenly felt my Gamophobic part of me, dissolving. and dissolving. Jealousnyaaaa. If I were to get proposed like how kak dena did, it would be when I'm 19 y/o, which means next year in Disember! Gulp and gasp.



Chill aisyah, hang baru asasi wei.

Along the journey from Gombak to Shah Alam, I managed to discover a lot about kak dena and her husband. It was just, awesome. And that was when I also felt the ukhuwwah, also imparting the conversation. Alhamdulillah. Allah, thank you.

At 3.00+p.m, we finally arrived at Masjid Sultan Salahuddin, Shah Alam. Kak Dena was helping out her family business that day. I then rushed to a Seminar room in the Masjid, where I knew a wonderful woman I've always adored was in, conducting a Muslim Journalism Workshop. I didn't hesitate to enter the room when i found it, although i was quite late, i was very grateful that the talk was still on. Fatimah Syarha, spectacular in every ways. My life before reading her books was simply miserable, full with sins and all sorts of negative influences. Her writing changed my life. Her books inspired me to recreate myself into being a better muslimah. Her words motivated me into being a mukminah icon just like her one day, inshaAllah. I'm working on that. 

When the talk ended, I rushed over to Ustazah Fatimah Syarha.It was quite a good thing there weren't so many people there because I stood the chance to have a longgggg conversation with her. A lot of my questions were answered. Thank you ustazah. We took pictures, and before we seperated, she hugged me and whispered I love you because of Allah. Tears. I noticed my watery eyes which were probable imminent broken dams. I was in the arms of a woman, who has made me the aisyah shakirah you see today. What else was i supposed to feel :'( Alhamdulillah. Allah, thankyou.

As Asar entered, we settled in the mosque to pray. After Asar, as I walked out of the prayer room, a voice called out my name. I turned to see Kak Dena smiling with her anak buah Amni. I sat down with her and played with that supernaturally adorable baby and continued to merepek with kak Dena :D 




Then Kak Dena introduced me to her adik, Izzah, who followed me on twitter way before that mini-meeting. I was excited when she said she was excited to see me when i was the one who should be excited to see her. eh apa merepek. 


I also met kak Dena's mother, who gifted me a wonderful book about ramadhan. 



Then, Kak Dena took my book and scribbled down something. I was FLATTERED. I'll keep them nailed on my mind, kak dena :')

Before returning to UiTM Shah Alam, I visited Kak Dena's Aroush Booth. There, I met her whole big family. Well, some siblings were missing out tho. But i was grateful enough to meet her parents and the rest of her family, which before I only saw via blog. Baju-baju tudung semua at Aroush cantik-cantik, do checkitout :D

A few minutes later, it was time to make a move back to college. I took a last picture, hugged kak Dena and then switched phone numbers. I felt very splendid an honoured by kak dena and her family.
Thanks abg Soffian for being patient taking our photos dari awal sampai sudah. Thanks mummy kak dena for the book and the wisdom you portrayed. Thanks Izzah for being so nice to me, giving a tour at your booth. Thanks Amni, sebab comel sangat. huh? haha. Thanks kak Dena for just simply being amazing, virtually and in reality :)
  

Before I end, I would also like to thank kak Zulaikha for willing to accompany me all the way although you tengah seghabuk hotak study untuk finals. I know u've done a kerja gila, sacrificing a day without studying. But trust me, it's worth it, kan kak zuzu sayang? :) Tee Hee

Yesterday, I've learnt a lot. After Maghrib, I reminisced on what had Allah given me that day. I've came a long way. My holidays after SPM which I've tried to use to the fullest had paid off. I never expected this. Never. I used to be a no one, overlooked and always just blending in society, contributing nothing to our Deen, and inshaAllah today, i'm someone off for the challenge of doing amar makruf nahi mungkar in my own way, struggling to bring back Islam. I'm sure there's something ahead of me, ahead of all of us. His plans are perfect, so why mess with it? He has blessed us with so many, and i'm certain that there's more to come.




When we please Allah, he will please us back. And indeed, I am pleased. Looking at what I have today, I have no option than to be grateful, and prove that I'm grateful by continuing my effort to do da'wa. And I'm sure, the same goes to all of you too :)

I'm a nothing doing something. A nobody being somebody. 
I ain't a celebrity, I'm a full-time dai'e.

Salam sayang,
Aisyah Shakirah.


37 comments:

Sr. Maryam Fatanah said...

salam, aisyah..

i started to know u by watching ur vdeos..u are ohsem!..keep up the good work and may Allah bless you always..btw, i'm a Shah Alam student too. Gonna end my studies next week n will be graduating soon. Hope to see you one day!

Siti Zinnirah said...

tinggi jugak si Aisyah shakirah ni.. :)

milimilo said...

What a lovely post. Ayat2 Aisyah mmg awesome and mampu buat org tersentuh. Rezeki Aisyah dapat spent time dengan Dena cemtu. Kita pun dapat jumpa kejap2 je. Terharu dapat juga jumpa Aisyah walaupun kejap sangat. Moga ada rezeki jumpa lagi lepas ni. :)

Teruskan menulis, melukis dan buat video. Aisyah boleh inspire ramai orang lagi. Segan sbnrnya jumpa Aisyah sbb Aisyah sgt tinggi. Matang pulak tu walaupun muda lagi. Hee. Syukur Allah bg peluang kenal dgn org baik2. Terasa makin nak jadi better. Jazakillah Aisyah. Sayang Aisyah. ♥

Anonymous said...

Awesome!

amal said...

waa , best nyaa Aisyah a day with denaa.

kita pun even 2 kali jumpaa denaa, tp dpr sembang kejap2 jee :')

Salam Ukhwahfillah :')

nqddnnrzm said...

'talkative' hahahahh

*dalam banyak banyak hat ni jugak yg senior cah sorang ni nampak ;p

nawariah :) said...

ya Allah , very interesting post . seriously , you're the lucky one kak Aisyah. ayat akak, personaliti akak buat kita tersentuh , and buat lagi video banyak-banyak :) sangat seronok kan kalau dapat spent time dengan orang yang macam ni. kalaulah dapat jugak jumpa ustazah fatimah syarha and all of you . inshaa Allah one day :)

iqramcheonn said...

your video are very cool.. ayat yang shakira gunakan dalam blog pun power2.. im proud as a teslian cause you can use words to describe your feeling without making others bosan.. eventhough you're a law student.. keep it up..

♥NuR SyAFiQah♥ said...

laa aisyah ke yg semeja ngan dena?kalau tau la tu aisyah confirm nk bergambar sekali..

selalu baca blog je muka tak cam..anyway tinggi la aisyah ni..hehe

comel kan tg masyitah..she's my friends :)

jiranmafiarussia said...

may Allah bless u Aisyah! :')

keep writing dear.

Ikram MN said...

:D

aisyahshakirah said...

Sr. Maryam Fatanah : Jazakillah khair :) really? that's awesome! kalau jumpa tegurlah aisyah :)

aisyahshakirah said...

Siti Zinnirah : haah aisyah tinggi macam galah haha

aisyahshakirah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
aisyahshakirah said...

milimilo: Ayat-ayat aisyah is capable of making ppl touched? lawak laa kak mili ni. ayat aisyah biaseeee biaseee je. matang? ehem. really? nice knowing. hihihih

Anyway id loveeee to see you again. I love you lillah <3 sayang kak milii :')

aisyahshakirah said...

nqddn.nrzmi : you memanggggggggg. haha

aisyahshakirah said...

nawariah :) : awwwwwwww :') thanks dear. semoga butiran madah di blog serba kekurangan ini mmberi ibrah <3

aisyahshakirah said...

iqramcheonn : teslian? alamak. maluuu laaa maluuuuu. thanks tho. hehehe

aisyahshakirah said...

♥NuR SyAFiQah♥ : haah aisyah ddk dgn kak dena :) true true true, kak tg masyitah sgt lawaaaaaa :)

aisyahshakirah said...

jiranmafiarussia : inshaAllah. Jazakillah. keep coming :)

aisyahshakirah said...

anonymous: semi awesome. hehe

aisyahshakirah said...

ikram: :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Fatihah said...

bestnya dapat jumpa dena bahrin & aiman azlan.

may Allah bless you always Aisyah Shakirah. Amin.

Nur Najihah said...

syoknya bleh jmpak kak dena dgn aiman azlan!! saya teringin nk jmpk dgn kak aisyah la..haha

muhammad shazwan said...

mdm ilyana??mdm yg pnuh dgn sifat keibuan...score kertas dia k...walaupun dia agak strict..terutama utk coursework mark hehe

aisyahshakirah said...

Fatihah: InshaAllah. May Allah bless you too :)

aisyahshakirah said...

Najihah: jmpa aisyah? alaaa aisyah takde ape pun. maluuuuu la :) bt inshaAllah one day, ey? (^_~)

aisyahshakirah said...

shazwan: yep, sangat best mdm ilyana. inshaAllah doakan :)

anaMuslim said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
aini shahroni said...

SUka senyuman kak aisyah...
nak senyum mcm tulah...
hehe..

I'm just kidding:-D

Anonymous said...

assalam, my sister. masyaAhhal I love the way you pour out your thoughts. do keep writing, you'll be so much better in the future, insyaAllah. by the way, i love the way kak dena styled her selendang! where didi she get a selendang that long? is it a pashmina? i looked everywhere but when i bought n tried them, they're always not long and wide enough to cover my front and back. maybe it's just me though, who doesn't know how to wear them pashminas properly =( have a blessed ramadhan dear =)

Anonymous said...

didn't realize that typo, astaghfirullahaladzhim... I meant to say masyaAllah.

eLiza nABILah said...

assalam, aisyah. I've just watched your video on khemah! haha.. that video is awesome. and coincidentally you look alike with my friend. It's nice to read your blog..cute doodles yet informative. i'm ex-student from uitm jugak! tp qs la..hehe..so, salam ukhuwah!

Anonymous said...

best nyee... jumpe hilal asyraf, aiman azlan, dena bahrin, fatimah syarha.. awwhhh.. nak jugak! u guys mmg superb :)

Anonymous said...

adik aisyah, anda seorang yang lembut dan sgt cool.your entry is really superb.keep it up.

Nisa Zulkifli said...

Feeling a little envious, I think is kinda normal. You know, when you see people getting the chance to meet with other great people. But nahh, that's just, put it aside.
I smiled broadly reading the line that said something about doing something for our Deen. We may be going different paths, in our own ways, but all pointing to and heading to the one and same reason. The same destination.

Let's strive for our Deen. Takbir.

Anonymous said...

A superior scanner not only retrieves issues codes, but identifies pending kinds way too.
It is heading to be a excellent gift for your
beloved kinds.

Here is my blog ... obdii scan tool